Monday, January 12, 2009

Adequacy (a freewrite that happens to look like poetry)


Inadequacies
Originally uploaded by static bob

You've seen the me that only God sees
The weaknesses even I overlooked
You've brought out the bad in me,
But I needed to know it was there.

I can't fix me
When I only see "en rose"
You can't fix you
When you do "nothing wrong"

A thought can be wrong
An action is mere showing of the inward truth
And self-control is sometimes not good enough

Change is the only answer
True, living change
Brought by the true, living God
Only submit yourself to His Words
And they will change you.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes I miss the days

When I knew not wrong from right

For I knew not wrong at all.


Just as innocent as I seemed,

Not seeing my immaturity or insecurities,

Growing slowly, slowly


Ah! But I needed the growth spurt that came

From being forced to see the ugly truth

Of who I am


I am beautiful of spirit in ways

But immature, still

And I suppose I always will be

In comparison to truth

For it is so incomprehensible to human reasoning


I believe

But so often,

I have yet to understand.



No comments: