Tuesday, December 15, 2009

power


Fallen Beauty (A Hard Rain’s Gonna Fall)
Originally uploaded by Osvaldo_Zoom

God's traits and message are so huge and powerful. To capture even a small piece of one of them in song renders the song more powerful than most.
For example, timelessness: this can probably only be accomplished by doing something so unique that it is never able to be sufficiently recreated, which can only be done by our God-given creativity. Also, utter truthfulness: I can only partially accomplish this, as I only really know the truth of what goes on inside my own self and the truth that is told to me by my God. And honestly, I do not grasp the fullness of either. Relevance across many groups of people (similar to timelessness): most likely to be accomplished by utter truthfulness + awareness of others, but never full. No song is fully universal, though parts of it may resonate to different extents with different people.
And one day in Heaven, we will sing the only truly universal song, the song we will all know by heart without learning it, the song God Himself created, the "new song."

No comments: