Saturday, March 13, 2010

i got a new journal...


I'll Give You All I Can...
Originally uploaded by Brandon Christopher Warren

and here's what i've been writing:
------
missing a face
i've hardly seen
let's listen to coltrane
play
the blues...
after 5 minutes
i could let you in
to my mind
my eyes
my mouth
my heart.
for what?
the feeling of love?
could it be worth pursuing?
any option?
stupid?smart?
close your eyes, close your eyes
------------------------
admiration.
so close.
but there's nothing to be had
for fear
of breakage
------------------------
a first glance tells you you need to meet him
a first word says you ought to be friends
and as soon as his hand seems to drift toward you
you want to be all it ever has.
-------------------
on paper life is dead.
your eyes are where the life is
------------------------
he only knows the joy,
none of the pain just yet,
so he is unafraid of what's to come
--------------------
where did my peace go?
you seem to have ripped it to shreds,
but i'm hoping that's so you can fix it.

1 comment:

Hannah Scott said...

I especially like the two liner. Very concise, but lovely. Thanks for sharing, my dear friend!