Sunday, May 3, 2009

he said it's finally over.

just when i was getting my second wind

"going in for the kill, kill" (regina)

when i'd pushed all my thoughts aside
because my emotions, 
my instincts
were so strong.

i wanted his imperfect grit of a man
to hold me down
and want me bad.
but he only wants
what he can't so easily have
and isn't that always

the truth?

---------

it's all just a power struggle

-----
... but really, none of us can ever probably take into account everything we ought to- we cannot be thorough, satisfy. But there are other reasons to believe. He answers prayer.
-----------
a mother, even-tempered wife
she lives with him, 
always his beautiful bride
for she is never-changing,
always the woman
he thought he married
--------

you've told me,
i know we're through
you're falling
for someone new
i never had a real chance
but when we danced

i want to tell you-
that i miss the shape of your back
the way you say things,
how you react
but you probably don't wanna know,
so i'll walk away.

No comments: