Saturday, May 2, 2009

nature, etc.


Vilano Beach Moon Rocks
Originally uploaded by JamesWatkins

some random thoughts from my notebook lately---

the moon shoves over the sun
i roll my feelings out for fun
i choose to blindly run
in your direction-
the direction of the living...
---------
your faults are beauty marks
upon the pale precious skin of the mourning
your love is the slow roll of the tide
over the curves of my body,
over the nerves in your toes
---------
you're the son my father never will have
---------
my magic tricks don't work on you
you know better than to believe my illusions
i try so hard,
you see right through
but you're a natural at everything you do

2 comments:

The_Heart_Beet said...

The last stanza is incredible. The BEAUTY of being known, the sensation of being seen through even when we try to control, is the sort of truth that shakes us to our bones.

You convey it so clearly.

sephra said...

...thank you kaiser. (: glad you can relate, as usual. :)