Sunday, November 23, 2008

for now?

i see that you are beautiful
i see that you are true
i see a missing piece
that i could give to you

but if i give it 
i might have to take it back
and if i give it
you may find that my piece lacks

i back away from your beauty
i back away from your love
i want it but don't need it
i need it but don't want it

walk away, dear friend, walk away
you don't deserve the pain.
i can hardly handle myself, 
gone wrong

i seem to do well
but some days i wonder 
if i'm headed for Hell
the way i treat you sometimes
the way i subconsciously mess with your mind

oh friend just lie beside me for one hour
let me feel the power
of the heat of someone next to me
pretending you are the same as me
pretending that you were made for me
just stay with me 
please stay with me
for now


No comments: