Tuesday, November 18, 2008

i'm thinkin' of how my life's so awesome
but then i remember you aren't in it
i have so many wells to drink from
but you're the one i can't forget

--------------------------------------------------

i realize you're ignoring me, 
darling, not my darling...
but i can't get over what you said when you were free
baby, her baby
before she had you 
you loved me and only me
but within just a few weeks
i became nothing
i became someone you never want to see
is it my fault?
'cuz i can't see any other way this could be fair

please, can i have some closure 
i never really knew what that meant 
until now
i thought that people were silly
for wanting one last goodbye
but now i get why
'cause you left me without warning
i thought we could still be friends, but darling 
you won't
so i just keep on trying 

every once in a while
i try to make you smile
even though you don't want it to be 'cause of me...
you want to smile again at her
'cause she's perfect for you, dear
i'm the worst voice you could hear
though it's sweet and it draws your ear
you can't listen 

i know it'd never last forever
but i want it to 
'cause i miss you more than i've missed anyone
since i was 14...
the first time i thought i was in love
and no one could convince me otherwise
i'm still pretty sure it was true...
but now i feel it again 
that longing for that friend
the boy who kept my life joyful
the memory of you...

No comments: