Monday, December 15, 2008

Today


Nocturne*
Originally uploaded by imapix

^The picture has little to do with the post, I just fell in love with it^

I've been reading "Siddhartha" today and writing a lot. Here are a few excerpts of what I've written today:

We are often self-seeking, but in seeking self we find him/her to be severely lacking; In seeking happiness we find depression in the realization that a self-seeking self is worthless, depraved, stagnant, and irrelevant.

A true kiss. Every part is unique, artful. It is made up of past and future, but is felt completely only in the present. The moment before is a feeling that cannot be encapsulated, cannot be recreated.

Without dependence on another, there is no reason to worry or to hurry. You may go about life doing what you think is best with no one to question you unless you question yourself... Maybe it would seem best to become close to no one at all... 

Obviously I don't agree with this last part. I was rambling on, trying to understand how some people think. I was also trying to understand why it is that a perfectly peaceful man in "Siddhartha" is mentioned as being without a wife. Possibly because he is something like a monk, but it also made me think: to be alone is to have so much less worry. Ah, and Paul speaks of this in a letter of his. 1 Corinthians 7. Interesting stuff.

No comments: